CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Update.....Crazy!

I haven't been blogging regularly because we've been waiting to here back from the agency as to whether or not they were going to continue to work with us. Well, on Wednesday night I got a call from the birthmom's case worker apologizing for just now getting back with me. Long story short, she said that since our last visit the agency has found out that the bm has been to the doctor a lot and has had 5 ultrasounds before her 20th week. The agency spoke with the bm's doctor and he said that there has never been a chance of multiples. There is only one baby and that is the way it has always been. He couldn't understand why the bm would be telling that it was multiples. The bm finally returned the case worker's call on Tuesday night, and when confronted with the situation, replied with another lie that she had just found out herself during a recent trip to the er. The case worker thinks that the bm might have made this whole multiples story up to give her a good "reason" to give her child up for adoption. If it were multiples, people would probably support her decision more than if they knew it was just one baby. The agency told us to think about it and get back with them on whether or not we wanted to proceed knowing now that it will be a single birth. I was speechless. How can you sleep at night carrying a burden this large? My first thought was "Did she not think that we would find out?" We were, after all, the couple she selected to take home her child/children. How could she sit on the phone with us for an hour asking us if we were ready to take on multiples? She told me they were identical for heavens sake and that they would be born in August. I don't know how long she thought she could keep this up, but it didn't quite go as she had planned. Jonathan and I talked about it last night, and I called today to decline for the final time. In the last two weeks, we've moved on. Whether it is one, two, or three babies, it's not for us. This isn't our baby and we couldn't be more at peace with our decision. The agency supports our decision and is going to submit us early next week to a bm in CA that is due with a girl sometime this summer. This may not be our baby either, but at least we're able to move forward. I'm just excited to have dismounted this horse for the last time! Thanks again for praying for us. We are very encouraged and our looking forward to what the Lord has for us in this next phase of our journey. I just pray it's not as bumpy as it has been in the last couple of weeks! I'll keep you posted as soon as I know something new!


When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.
-Unknown

1 comments:

Becca said...

I'm glad you found my blog too! Thanks for saying hi. I'm glad to read your updates, and I hope things go smoothly from here. I'm sorry that happened. It's hard to get your hopes up. You sound peaceful, though, so I'm thankful for that. Please feel free to call me if you need to talk. I'm not going to post my number here, but our email address is ______(my last name)1219@cox.net. Hope that makes sense!