CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I didn't get my dad a Father's day card. I didn't even get him a gift. In fact, he cooked Jonathan and I dinner. How messed up is that? I know, pretty messed up. So, I decided to honor him at the beginning of this blog. Here goes.....My dad is one amazing man. Perfect? No. But amazing? Yes. And the best part about it is- he's mine. There has never been a moment in my life, when I haven't been proud of him. Not because he's accomplished great things, but because of who he is. Jonathan turned 30 in February and we went to dinner with my parents and his parents to celebrate. I sat across the table from my dad and watched him. At some point during dinner I looked up as he was spreading an enormous amount of honey mustard on a bite of his bread and I had this incredible amount of love overwhelm me. I have never really had a preference to the gender of the child we adopt, but that night, I really desired a girl. Not for me, but for Jonathan. There is no love like the love a daughter has for her dad. My mom is my best friend, but the love I have for her is different. Not less might I point out, just different. It's hard to describe in words. I just know that as I have gotten older and the further we have gone in this adoption process, the more I have desired for Jonathan to be a father to a daughter. I want to be sitting across the table 25 years from now with my daughter's inlaws and her husband, and have her look at Jonathan the way I look at my dad, and love him in her heart the way I love my dad. My dad deserves it, and I think Jonathan does too. I'm grateful for my dad and I'm thankful that because he's so good at loving me, I've known firsthand what it's like to be loved by the Father. Thanks Dad!

0 comments: