CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Paperwork Update

This afternoon we got a call from our case manager saying that her office had been contacted by the home state in need of missing paperwork. She told me that her office manager was out of the office for the rest of the day and wouldn't get to it until tomorrow sometime. She told me to contact the lady who conducted our home study to see if she could help. Our home study lady had a message on her voicemail saying that she was out of the office, how long I don't know, for a death in the family and could only be reached if out of extreme emergency. Though, this seems urgent to us, I didn't think she would view the urgency the same. Luckily, I had brought with me all of our adoption paperwork from February to now. So, I contacted the home state and actually was able to speak to the lady reviewing our paperwork. She allowed me to fax to her all of the necessary forms, which only leaves one form (that only the agency has) to be faxed tomorrow. It was my understanding that as soon as she gets this form, we are cleared to come home. If this takes place early enough tomorrow, we may be able to move our flight up to tomorrow night. If not, we will just come home on Saturday. If we don't get cleared tomorrow, then we will more than likely come home on the scheduled 5th of August. Tomorrow is a make or break it kind of day. We're holding out for this weekend, but if we have to go longer, we'll make the best of it! Once again, we can't thank you enough for praying for us. Hope to see you soon!

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength."
-Corrie Ten Boom

1 comments:

Becca said...

Congratulations! That takes me back to our hospital experience too. I'm so grateful that she saw the Lord in you as well... what an honor and privilege for you. I pray that you will continue to feel His presence in the next days and weeks. Adoption is hard, and it's not just the waiting or financial burden. It's just hard all the way around. It's obviously a huge blessing for you guys and for us as well, but the rollercoaster of emotions doesn't end with the hospital. I'm here for you anytime you need someone to talk to.

Welcome, Bennett!!!!!