CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

At Last!

God never ceases to amaze me in how quick He can move in any given circumstance. The agency with the BM I have been blogging about called on Monday to give me her social/medical history. Everything sounded great! Even though I had never talked to the BM, I felt as if I knew her just after hearing her M/S history. The agency said they would get our profile to her on Monday afternoon, so we anticipated hearing back one way or another by next week. Well, they called on Tuesday evening and congratulated us-she had picked us! We had a conference call with the BM Wednesday night, and I love her! If I could have "designed" (for lack of a better term) a BM, how she would act and sound etc., it would be her. We were told on Tuesday that her due date had been moved up from the 14th of August to the 6th, which was fine with me because that's my birthday. But, then she told me that they would more than likely induce her on the 30th. We were ecstatic, but knew that we had a lot of planning to do in little time. Oh, we just thought that was little time. They called me yesterday and said that they are 99% sure that she is going to have him on the 23rd. Yes, the 23rd of July---5 days from now! We are still really excited, but a tiny bit more stressed because of all the stuff we have got to get done in practically a blink of an eye! They told us to anticipate being in Utah for up to 2 weeks. I wasn't real thrilled about this until I realized that we will be in a hotel room which will not have a kitchen. Meaning, I won't have to cook. Nor will I feel the need to constantly be doing laundry or other busy work projects because these projects won't exist at the hotel. I'll do the necessary laundry there, but I won't feel like I have to be cleaning and doing the dishes, etc. I'm sure you mommas know what I mean. We booked our flights last night and I am going today to register. Our showers will have to be after he's here. We still haven't decided on a name. This could be a drawn out process with Jonathan! I'm sure that I will be updating a lot more now that I have someone to update about! I am going to try to figure out how to add photos to this blog. I know how to add them to myspace, so if I don't get them added here, I 'll at least have them on my myspace. Thank you for your prayers and keep praying. We need them now more than ever! And please pray for our BM as well. She really is a sweet, loving person who is a great mom! Not only has this been a difficult situation for her, but she has other stresses in her life that need to be lifted up as well so that the Lord can intervene on her behalf. Thanks again! We appreciate it all!


"For I am mindful of the plans I have for you, says the Lord; plans for good not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Becca said...

praying for you guys. i hope everything goes well. feel free to call or email anytime if you need something (moral support if nothing else). my email is my last name 1219 at cox dot net.

faithnthesavior said...

We are thinking and praying for you guys this morning as you meet your little blessing. We can't wait to see you!